1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup brown sugar; firm pack
3/4 cup pecans; coarse chopped
1 packet devil's food cake mix
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 3/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
How to make chocolate praline easter cake:
* begin with preheating the oven to 325 degrees f.
* then take a heavy saucepan for combining some of the ingredients like margarine, whipping cream and brown sugar into it.
* you should cook the mixture over low heat just until butter is melted without forgetting to stir it occasionally.
* when cooked, pour this batter into two 8" or 9" round cake pans.
* you should sprinkle them evenly with chopped pecans.
* now take a large bowl and combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs all together.
* you are supposed to mix it all well at low speed until it gets moistened and then beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
* then carefully spread the batter over pecan mix in the pans.
* you need to bake it for 35-40 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
* allow it to cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the pans.
* cool it completely.
* for toppings begin with beating the whipping cream into a small bowl.
* you should beat it until soft peaks are formed into it.
* then mix powdered sugar and vanilla and beat once again until stiff peaks are formed into it.
* now it is time to assemble the cake. so place one layer on plate with praline side up. and then spread with 1/2 of the whipped cream.
* after that top with the second layer, again praline side up and spread with remaining whipped cream.
* you can garnish the cake with whole pecans and chocolate curls.
* do not forget to store in the refrigerator.