Have you decided to stop smoking ? It doesn''t have to be hard! One of the keys for breaking the habit once and for all is to tap into the power of your mind. Here are some tips to help you succeed.
1. Make quitting smoking your number one goal. Rather than having a long list of different goals, make quitting smoking your number-one top priority.
2. Keep the end result in mind. Focus on how much better your life will be as a non-smoker. Think about how you''ll be able to breathe better and your energy level will increase.
3. Make it easier on yourself. Think of ways that you can make quitting easier for yourself. Can you quit with a friend or family member
4. Make a commitment to yourself. Plan the date and time that you will smoke your last cigarette. Make this promise to yourself as if your life depends on it.
5. Put your plan in writing. Write down everything you''ve thought of while reading this article, plus any other ideas that you believe will help you to remain smoke free.
6. Flip off negative thoughts like a switch. Instead of thinking, "This is hard" change it to "Its getting easier and easier". You could even come up with your own mantra.
7. Give yourself rewards. Why not have a quit jar and put all the money that you would have spent on cigarettes in it? You could save up for a tropical vacation or a down payment on that new sports car.
8. Approach quitting with a "I can. I will. I must." attitude. If your child or loved one was burning in a building and you were the only one there to get them out, would you just "give it a try ?
9. Visualize your way to success. Every morning and evening, close your eyes for a few moments and rehearse in your mind how you will say "no" to any temptations to having a cigarette, and notice how good it feels to be in control of your triggers and urges.
10. Learn to Manage Stress. Stress is everywhere, and while we think that cigarettes help us to relax, in reality, nicotine is a stimulant to the body.