SPRING ROLL RECIPE
250 gms. All purpose flour (Maida)
Water to make batter
2- 3 Carrots Grated)
1 cup leeks shredded and well washed (white section only)(optional)
1/2 tsp Ginger Minced)
1/2 tsp Garlic Minced)
100 gms Cabbage Shredded)
50gms Mushrooms Chopped)
75 gms Sprouted Beans
3 Green Chilies Chopped)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Soya Sauce
1/2 tbsp White Pepper Powder
How to make spring roll:
* Sift the flour and add salt, egg and water and make a smooth batter.
* Heat little oil in a flat non-stick pan and add enough batter so that it covers the base of the pan.
* Cook both sides of the pancake till golden. Repeat the same till whole batter is utilized.
* To make the filling heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a wok, add ginger ,garlic and mushrooms, stir fry for 10-15 seconds.
* Add leeks (if available) and stir fry for about 1 minute, then add carrots, cabbage and cook tossing the vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
* Add the bean sprouts, salt, pepper and soya sauce, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside the filling to cool.
* To make the spring rolls place 2-3 tbsp. of the filling in the center of each pancake.
* Fold in the sides and form a tight roll, sealing the edge with a little flour and water paste.
* Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
* Serve the vegetarian spring roll hot.