Posts : 1380
Points : 3934
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 31
Location : Vcitoria,Vergin Island
|Subject: KERALA FISH CURRY Sun May 23, 2010 10:27 pm|| |
KERALA FISH CURRY
google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
400 gms fish pieces
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp tamarind pulp
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
2 dry red chili
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp soaked rice
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp oil
Salt To Taste
How to make kerala fish curry:
- Apply salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder to the
pieces and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Lightly roast cumin and coriander seeds. Mix with dry red
chillies, soaked rice and grated coconut.
- Grind it to a smooth paste. Soak tamarind in half a cup of
water. Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onions and chopped ginger. Cook on a high
onions are golden brown. Stir in fish pieces and add 2 cups
- Bring it to a boil. Stir in coconut and spice paste. Mash
tamarind dissolved in water to make a pulp.
- Strain and add to the gravy. Simmer for 2 minutes and
- Add fish pieces and cook on a medium flame for 7-8 minutes
till the fish is done.