boneless chicken breast 1
cashewnuts 1/2 cup
green pepper (diced as cubes) 1 piece
ginger 5 slices
onion(squares) 1/4 one
oyster sauce 1/2 tablespoon
saoy sauce 1/4 tablespoon
water 3 tablespoon
white pepper 3 dashes
sugar 1/2 tablespoon
rice vinaeger 1/2 tablespoon
sesame oil 1/8 tablespoon
salt to taste
baking soda 1 teaspoon
corn starch 1 teaspoon
rice vineager 1/2 teaspoon
Procedure for Preparation
1) Marinate the chicken meat with the baking soda for 15-20 minutes and then rinse
the chicken thoroughly. (Please make sure that the chicken is properly rinsed clean of the baking soda.)
2) Pat the chicken meat dry with paper towels and then marinate with the rest of the ingredients for 15 minutes.
3) Mix the sauce together and set aside.
4) Heat up a wok with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and stir-fry the chicken meat until the color turns white or half-cooked. Dish out and set aside.
5) Add another 1 tablespoon of cooking oil into the wok and add in the ginger slices, bell peppers and onions.
6) Stir-fry until you smell the peppery aroma from the green peppers and add the chicken meat back in.
7)Add in the cashew nuts and do a few quick stirs.
Add in the sauce and stir continuously until the chicken meat is cooked and well coated with the sauce.
Add salt to taste, dish out and serve the Cashew Chicken hot with steamed white rice.