Posts : 683
Points : 1718
Join date : 2010-05-08
Location : WonderLanD
|Subject: ~~Brinjal Kotsu~~ Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:15 am|| |
• 5 Big brinjals
• 8 Green chillies, finely chopped
• 1 Big onion, finely chopped
• 1 Sprig curry leaves, chopped
• 1 tbsp Coconut scraping
• Tamarind, gooseberry size
• A pinch of turmeric powder
• A pinch of asafoetida
• 1 tsp Urad dal
• 1 tsp Mustard
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tbsp Oil
How to make Brinjal Kotsu:
• Cut brinjals into big pieces and cook till soft.
• Grind together coconut, tamarind and cooked brinjal to form smooth paste.
• Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard.
• When it pops up, add asafoetida and urad dal and fry until golden brown.
• Add green chillies, curry leaves and onion. Fry it for five minutes.
• Now mix the brinjal paste, salt, turmeric powder and little water.
• Reduce the heat and keep it on fire for two to three minutes.
• Egg Plant Kotsu is ready to serve.