Posts : 841
Points : 2034
Join date : 2010-05-08
|Subject: Facts about blood donation Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:56 pm|| |
* Person above 18 years of age and over 50 Kgs. in weight can donate blood once in three months.
* A normal adult has five to six liters of blood in his/her body of which only 300 ml is used during blood donation.
* This blood is replaced by your body within 24 to 48 hours!
* No special diet, rest or medicine is required after blood donation.
* The donor should not have taken any medicine in the last 48 hours.
* The donor should not have contacted jaundice in the previous three years.
* Every donor is given a medical checkup prior to donation to see if he/she is medically fit and doesn't suffer from anemia, high blood pressure etc.,
* The donor cannot contract AIDS or any other disease by donating blood.