Posts : 683
Points : 1718
Join date : 2010-05-08
Location : WonderLanD
|Subject: ~~Thai Stir Fry Vegetables~~ Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:41 pm|| |
Vegetable Stir Fry
Thai-Style Stir-Fry Vegetables
This vegetable recipe is simple and straightforward. Reduce the oil if you prefer, but the oil adds a more substantial flavor. Water helps to cook the vegetables. A little sugar is also a nice addition, off-setting the saltiness of the sauces.
* Approx. 2 cups of cut up green vegetables; i.e. green cabbage, Chinese cabbage, or broccoli, etc.; cut 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch pieces
* 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed with the side of a cleaver/knife
* 3 tblsp canola or other vegetable oil
* 1 tblsp of fish sauce (Golden Boy brand is preferred)
* 2 tblsp of Thai soy sauce (Healthy Boy brand is preferred)
* 2 tblsp of Thai oyster sauce
* 1/3 tsp sugar
* 1/4 cup water
1. Heat oil until hot, over medium-high heat (not smoking though). Add the garlic. Immediately, add the cut up vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly until cooked slightly, approximately 2 minutes, depending on the vegetable.
2. Add fish sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Add water and sugar.
3. Continue to stir fry until the vegetable is cooked through. Approximately another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, so the vegetable is still somewhat firm. Remove from heat.