Beware of tongue and talking
The most trouble maker in the human body is the ‘’Tongue”. It is well said that ‘’ Tongue has no bones but it brakes the bones”. That is why the nature (GOD), has kept it in a closed chamber (the Mouth), that is almost in a cave. Hence don’t bring it out of the mouth, often. The golden word is- “Speech is silver and silence is golden”.
Men usually commit four deeds through speech:
1. Harsh talking
2. Telling lies
3. Talking badly about others (spreading rumors)
4. Useless talking.
1. Harsh talking: It brings troubles and tensions. It makes the friends to become our enemies.
Nobody likes to talk to a harsh natured person and if at all necessary, they complete the conversation with a few words sentences, because afraid of him. Speaking harshly is compared to the body with a sharp arrow.
Remedy: Speak politely and lightly.
2. Telling Lies: It is well said as:’’ Better to die than to lie’’. This golden word holds good for all times.
‘’Truth is God’’- Mahatma Gandhi, Father of the Indian nation used to say, and he lived for the truth, throughout his life.
Another golden word, in Sanskrit language is: ’’Satyameva Jayate’’ (meaning is-Truth always triumphs). Never tell lies, as nobody likes a person with lesser values.
3. Talking badly about others: Spreading rumors is highly dangerous. Sometimes the rumor may bring danger to the life of the other person, even though he is quite innocent. They create misunderstanding between wife and husband. Rumor spreads more speedily than truth, like wild fire.
4. Useless talking: It is like a disease. No one is benefited by unnecessary talking. Moreover it gives headache to the listeners. It is mere wasting of bodily energy, which is like electricity, and decreases the life span of the talker.
Remedy: Speak sweetly and lovely and only when time demands your intervention in a conversation.
Too much is very bad which holds good in speech also. ’’Talking’’ is a boon given to mankind, by the GOD, the Almighty. But the animals devoid of that valuable gift.
A word uttered is like an arrow and cannot be taken back. The wound caused by a wrong word, is very difficult to get healed. Too much talking is like an empty vessel, and you know it very well that,’’ empty vessel makes much sound.
The golden word is: One, who controls himself, can control others.