Posts : 683
Points : 1718
Join date : 2010-05-08
Location : WonderLanD
|Subject: ~~OrangE JuicE~~ Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:06 pm|| |
1. Drinking a glass of orange juice a day can keep the doctor away. Orange juice is known to contain a high percentage of Vitamin C, which is helpful in boosting the immune system. So, you will be less likely to catch various illnesses, such as colds or the flu.
2. Various medical studies show that orange juice may help lower both cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels, which are two very common problems among middle aged men and women.
3. Orange juice is thought to be very high in antioxidants. What this means is that this yummy juice may help prevent various forms of cancer, including breast cancer and prostate cancer.
4. Fairly large amounts of potassium, which is an essential nutrient for the body, can be found in orange juice.
5. Studies have shown that orange juice can help reduce the risk of heart disease, which is because it can help improve circulation.
6. Orange juice contains Folate, which plays a major role in the reproduction of new cells and can help with the healing process.
7. Research has shown that orange juice has anti-inflammatory properties. If you experience a lot of arthritis-related pain, orange juice may really help relieve it.
8. Due to the antioxidants found in orange juice, many people believe that drinking it on a regular basis may help aid in weight loss. Of course, with all of the other health benefits that orange juice has to offer, it is probably a good note to not drink the juice simply due to weight loss reasons, as it may or may not be effective.
Drink Orange Juice in Moderation
Always remember that you do not need to drink a whole lot of orange juice in order to get these healthy benefits. In fact, since orange juice is fairly high in calories, avoid drinking too much of the stuff. Be sure to check the sugar content on the label when choosing orange juice if you really want to get the highest amount of health benefits from your orange juice and, ultimately, prevent weight gain (since high sugar levels can cause it).
Orange Juice With Pulp
It is often said that orange juice containing pulp tends to even healthier for the body, but it is an issue that is often debated. If you have a stomach condition, remember that orange juice is very acidic and for that reason, it may cause you to feel an upset stomach. Due to its acidity, orange juice can also cause tooth damage if you do not care for your teeth properly after drinking it.