Do you know?:
* Marinating lamb/mutton in raw papaya or vinegar before cooking help to cook the meat in half of the time then regular time.
* Blanching cauliflower in boiling water before cooking eliminates the gastric problem in your stomach.
* Adding few drops of lemon juice can avoid the stickiness in ladyfinger (bhindi).
* Instead of frying paneer (cottage Cheese) in oil you can boil in water which will keep the softness and won't break during cooking.
* Wash fish with vinegar to avoid fishy smell.
* Not all salad leaves are tasteless and bland. Add a handful of wild rocket leaves to your mix and you`ll introduce a peppery taste to complement the crunchiness of iceberg or the bitterness of lolla ross.
* Once you`ve opened a carton of orange juice, keep it refrigerated in an airtight container. That way, you can reap the juice`s rewards for up to two days.
* For bright yellow corn-on-the-cob, add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the water about a minute before the end of cooking. And never add salt to the pan, as you`ll end up with a tough vegetable which is difficult to get your teeth into.
* If you`re making a fruit salad or slicing apples for a pie make sure you keep them looking fresh by adding some fruit juice to the recipe. Orange juice is good for fruit salads and makes a naturally sweet addition to your dessert. A little sugar can be added if you prefer a sweeter taste. Lemon juice is good for preventing apples from turning brown. Pour a few drops over the fruit as you prepare it for your pudding. Alternatively, place sliced apples temporarily in water to stop them discolouring.
* When using mushrooms on kebabs, partially cook them before skewering to prevent cracking.