Kerala Kappa Puzhukku apioca (Peeled, washed and chopped) – 500 gm
Turmeric Powder- ¾ tspFor Masala:
Grated Coconut- one and a half cups
Green Chillies- 4 or 5
Small Red Onion- 4 or 5 pods
Garlic (optional) – 2 pods
Cumin seeds (optional) – 1 tsp
3. For Seasoning:
Coconut oil- 3 tsp
1. Cook tapioca in the pressure cooker along with salt and turmeric powder, till it is done.
2. Drain off the excess water.
3. Grind the green chillies, grated coconut, red onions and curry leaves together.
4. Heat the pan.
5. Put the cooked tapioca and add the paste. Put some more curry leaves to increase the flavour. Stir well till the mix is dry.
6. Add coconut oil, mix well and turn off the stove.
Kappa Puzhukku is a favourite dish of Malayalees. You can use this delicious dish for the breakfast, with pickle. It is also used as a 4 'O clock snack or a side dish for meals.[/b][b]