BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT

WORLD NO.1 TAMIL VOICE & VIDEO CHAT ROOM

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inInjured Tendulkar doubtful for IPL final Button10

Injured Tendulkar doubtful for IPL final

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lakshana

lakshana

Injured Tendulkar doubtful for IPL final Empty
PostSubject: Injured Tendulkar doubtful for IPL final   Injured Tendulkar doubtful for IPL final Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Mumbai Indians captain Sachin Tendulkar, who suffered an injury on his right hand in their semifinal win over Royal Challengers Bangalore, is doubtful to play in the finals on April 24.

Tendulkar, IPL III's top run getter, suffered a right hand webbing split while taking a dropped catch of Dravid in
the fourth over and he did not field after that during Bangalore's run chase.

"My right hand is not too great. Split my webbing and got five stitches. But hopefully I will recover for the final,"
Tendulkar said after Mumbai thumped Bangalore by 35 runs in the first semifinal to storm into their maiden IPL final at DY
Patil Stadium.

Tendulkar was all praise for Suarabh Tiwary (52 not out) and Ambati Rayudu (40) who began a splendid Mumbai recovery
before Kieron Pollard's late onslaught to take Mumbai score to 184 for five.

"Fantastic performance. Rayudu and Saurabh's performance was great, mental strength, shot selection, everything. And
then final burst from Pollard, it was exceptional. And then we bowled really well. Pollard is getting bigger and bigger, and his hits are getting farther and farther," he added.

Bangalore captain Anil Kumble blamed the loss to the runs galore his side conceded in the last five overs.

"We conceded 77 runs in the last five overs of Mumbai batting, it was too much. I also conceded runs in my last spell. But we were in the game till the ninth over of our run chase. We were 80 for two in the ninth over but we lost two wickets in two balls, that did us in," he said.

"It was disappointing not to have reached the final. The only consolation is we can still qualify for the Champions League Twenty20 (by winning the third-place play-off on April 24)," he added.

Man-of-the-match Kieron Pollard, who was limping while batting but bowled exceptionally well later to take 3/17, said
he would be fit for the final.

"After running the first two runs, I twinged my knee. But it feels good now, and hopefully I should be fit for the
final," he said.

"Thanks to the team and the management for sticking with me. I know my role was to go in and up the run-rate. I think I
did that and then take a couple of wickets," added the West Indian.
Back to top Go down

Injured Tendulkar doubtful for IPL final
Page 1 of 1