BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT

WORLD NO.1 TAMIL VOICE & VIDEO CHAT ROOM

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog instay away from unhealthy foods Button10

stay away from unhealthy foods

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babymilo

babymilo

stay away from unhealthy foods Empty
PostSubject: stay away from unhealthy foods   stay away from unhealthy foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:11 pm

It is really tempting, especially for students, to eat in a fast-food restaurant. I mean when you are not at home, you have no access to all those home-cooked meals and so you have no choice but to eat in fast-food restaurants. I have college friends who live on their own and they are complaining how sick they are with the food they eat. But how can we really avoid these unhealthy yet very enticing foods?

Eating before you leave your house especially if you know that you won't be out very long will not make you go wild about their menu. Be sure to only eat the right stuff and eat only enough to make you sway away from fast-food. Have a mindset that these foods are bad for your health. Think of the worst things that can happen to you if you continue to munch on these unhealthy stuffs. Set your minds to relate anything fast food has to offer with negative side effects. Or, if you are conscious of your body, just remember that unhealthy foods as such put the pounds quickly thus you will gain weight more easily. Also, think of how they prepare these "fast" foods and how sloppily they are prepared. Would you still crave for them? I think not.

Discipline is the key. It just takes will power to these. Just to repeat to yourself over and over again that you do not have to eat these foods. You have you trust yourself that you can do it. It is just like quitting smoking. There may be some sort of withdrawal symptoms (especially if you are really addicted to eating fast foods!) but you can and must do it if you want to live a healthy lifestyle. Just imagine the benefits of this withdrawal and you will soon surely forget this in an instant.

Keep your fridge full of healthy foods. When you go shopping for your groceries, only choose those which are nutritious. You may include meat but keep them in moderate amounts. Also don't neglect stuffs that appeal to you. It may be good to reward yourself sometimes. And speaking of rewards, you may treat yourself to a movie or a piece of candy. This does not aim to tempt you even more but just to reward you from having to endure the pain of not being able to eat want you want. Do not do this very often or you will find yourself right at the beginning.

Keep yourself busy. Focus yourself in some other things. It can be on your work, on your studies. Believe me, this is effective even to those who want to lose a couple of pounds. If you enjoy something, time would fly by really quickly that you would forget all these fast foods. Pack snacks with you when you go out. That way if you feel a sudden impulse to eat, you wouldn't have to stop at a drive-thru. You may also consider learning how to cook. Some cooks are just satisfied with the whole cooking process but they never really eat their food. Maybe this might work for you. Or if it doesn't and you are really hungry, you can use your cooking skills to prepare foods that are, again, healthy.
Back to top Go down

stay away from unhealthy foods
Page 1 of 1