BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT

WORLD NO.1 TAMIL VOICE & VIDEO CHAT ROOM

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGlass temple in Johor Button10

Glass temple in Johor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel

Glass temple in Johor Empty
PostSubject: Glass temple in Johor   Glass temple in Johor Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:40 am

Glass temple in Johor 10296318Glass temple in Johor 10296318Glass temple in Johor 10296318

Glass temple in Johor Glitte20

Glass temple in Johor 10296318Glass temple in Johor 10296318Glass temple in Johor 10296318

Glass temple in Johor 002a0510
Glass temple in Johor 00dd0511
JOHOR BARU: Imagine 300,000 pieces of finely cut coloured glass carefully placed together to create intricate designs. The sight will amaze any beholder.

And it exists at the Arulmigu Sri Raja Kaliamman Temple, known as the country’s first glass temple that is taking shape along Jalan Tebrau.
Glass temple in Johor 00230510

Temple president S. Sinathambhy, who is also an art teacher, said that so far RM2mil had been spent to renovate the 87-year-old temple.

He added that he conceptualised the design while riding in a motorised taxi (tuk tuk), during a trip to Bangkok.

“I saw something shimmering from afar and told the driver to take me towards the light.

“I finally came to a Buddhist temple that had a piece of glasswork at its entrance and I was amazed by the beauty of the piece,” he said.

Glass temple in Johor 001_0510

Sinathambhy said he expanded on the idea to build a temple that would be fully embellished with coloured glass.

“I thought that having a temple filled with glasswork could attract many people,” he said. The 300,000 pieces of glasses on the Arulmigu temple consist of six colours, namely blue, red, yellow, green, purple and white.

Sinathambhy added that the temple was initially built in 1922 and needed a major makeover.

“I hired a few workers from Myanmar to help put up the glasswork,” he said, adding that he was involved in the design.

“It has not been easy since I started work on the project one year ago, and the current economic situation has made the task even more difficult,” he said.

Sinathambhy explained that the price of steel, glass and transportation charges had all increased over the past one year.

Glass temple in Johor 001-0510

More than 30,000 devotees thronged the Arulmigu Sri Raja Kaliamman Temple better known as the “glass temple” here [Johor Baru, Malayasia] for its opening.

With more than 90 percent of the structure made of glass, the temple has undergone a massive renovation worth more than RM2 million [$590,828 ].

Glass temple in Johor 00200510

THE Arulmigu Sri Raja Kaliamman Temple, Malaysia’s first glass temple, in Jalan Tebrau, Johor Baru, will not only be a boon to Hindu devotees but also be a major tourist attraction, Makkal Osai reported.

Temple chairman S. Sinnathamby said the temple was built for RM3mil and is the first glass temple of its kind in the world.

He said about 95% of the temple’s walls, ceiling, domes and pillars were adorned with more than one million pieces of colourful glass imported from Thailand, Japan and Belgium.

He said that the glass pieces were carefully put together by nine Myanmar workers.

He said that motifs and symbols like the Swastika, Namam and Sri Chakra were created from the glass pieces in seven colours.

He added that the temple was built on land awarded by the Sultan of Johor in 1922 and it was renovated for the first time in 1996.

Glass temple in Johor 00250510

Malaysia Books of Records....

A representative of the Malaysia Books of Records said that 90% of the glass temple was embellished with glass and it was a pride for the country.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said the state government would pave a new road at the temple's entrance and erect blue road signs for the temple to facilitate tourists and visitors. He made the announcement at the award ceremony on Wednesday (12 May).

Temple President S. Sinathambhy said that the design was conceptualised during a trip to Bangkok. He was attracted by something shimmering and when he got closer, he found a Buddhist temple with two glass pillars at its entrance.

Therefore, he expanded the idea to attract tourists around the world by building a temple with coloured glass. He then decided to turn the temple that was initially built in 1922 and needed a major makeover into a glass temple.

"The glass temple has been attracting about 30,000 visitors monthly since its completion, allowing the temple to carry out charity work," said Sinathambhy.

Glass temple in Johor 00290510

Glass temple in Johor Glitte21

Glass temple in Johor 10296318Glass temple in Johor 10296318
Back to top Go down
GVPrabu

GVPrabu

Glass temple in Johor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glass temple in Johor   Glass temple in Johor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:39 am

Hi angel..... Photos are missing... its Disable in your Post...

Ysday I saw all the photos... but today only the problem.....

Pls check this....

Very nice temple.... every one must to Go and See direct....

East or west Our Angel is the best.... Ha ha ha ......

Pothu ma ella enum venumma.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.besttamilchat.com/

Glass temple in Johor
Page 1 of 1