BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT

WORLD NO.1 TAMIL VOICE & VIDEO CHAT ROOM

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Purpose of Life Button10

The Purpose of Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ANAND
Administrator
Administrator

The Purpose of Life Empty
PostSubject: The Purpose of Life   The Purpose of Life Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:55 am

The Purpose of Life

The Purpose of Life*** Dalai Lama

Dalai Lama: The Purpose of Life
The Dalai Lama has become a beloved icon of compassion and of sane, balanced religious leadership. In a 1997 speech delivered in Prague, he spoke clearly and compellingly about what he believes to be the purpose of life, and how to attain it.
Read his inspiring words here:
"I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the principal source of success in life.Since we are not solely material creatures, it is a mistake to place all our
hopes for happiness on external development alone. The key is to develop inner peace.
"When you recognize that all beings are equal and like yourself in both their desire for happiness and their right to obtain it, you automatically feel empathy and closeness for them. You develop a feeling of responsibility for others: the wish to help them actively overcome their problems. True compassion is not just an emotional response but a firm commitment founded on reason. Therefore, a truly compassionate attitude towards others does not change even if they behave negatively. "I believe that we must consciously develop a greater sense of universal responsibility. We must learn to work not just for our own individual self, family or nation, but for the benefit of all mankind. Universal responsibility is the best foundation both for our personal happiness and for world peace, the equitable use of our natural resources, and, through a concern for future generations, the proper care for the environment."
--from the Speech of His Holiness the Dalai Lama at the "Forum 2000" Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, September 1997. From the Office of Tibet
Back to top Go down

The Purpose of Life
Page 1 of 1