BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT

WORLD NO.1 TAMIL VOICE & VIDEO CHAT ROOM

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in~~ why this kolaiveri di? ~~ Button10

~~ why this kolaiveri di? ~~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arun.
Administrator
Administrator
arun.

~~ why this kolaiveri di? ~~ Empty
PostSubject: ~~ why this kolaiveri di? ~~   ~~ why this kolaiveri di? ~~ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:46 am

why this kolaiveri di?

The subject of today's forum post was taken a leaf or branch out of recent sensational single song hit "Why this kolaveri de?" and while I was humming the number, it did make me wonder why this song became rage apart from the catchy tune.

As you might know, Kolaveri is the tamil colloquial which can be approximately translated to as "murderous, heinous" etc.,

Accidental perusal of the TV channels triggered the answer for me. Here is the youtube video of one recent program from Tamil channel
named "Thamizhagathin samayal champion".

With the little more than 1 minute watch, I see 99.5% of the words coming out of the anchor and the chefs' were English and the native language of the Thamizhagam finds its place here and there.

On hearing the complete "Why this kolaveri de" song, people would note the similar statistics of 99.5% english usage on casual tamizh conversation among the youth. This may be the exact reason why this song became such a blast!!

visionary poet Bharathiyaar envisioned this in his times:

"தமிழ் இனி மெல்ல சாகும்!!". But still "why this kolaveri"?!~

Probably the song has a point not only for the love angle but ALSO at the language angle!!

Back to top Go down

~~ why this kolaiveri di? ~~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BEST TAMIL CHAT FORUM & TAMIL VOICE CHAT  :: SPECIAL ARTICLES,POEMS & STORY-
Jump to: