medium shrimps(peeled and devined) 800 g
soy sauce 1tsp
corn starch 1 tsp
corn starch 2 1/2 tbsp
soy sauce 1/3 cup
rice vineager 4 tbsp
brown sugar 4 tbsp
ground ginger 1 tsp
garlic powder 1 tsp
pineaplle chunks 1 can
celery stalk 1
carrot(very thin cut) 1
medium onion(julienne cut ) 1
red bell pepper (thin slices) 1
oil 1 tbsp
Procedure for Preparation
1) Marinate shrimp in 1 tsp. soy sauce and 1 tsp. cornstarch for about 20 minutes (in the refrigerator.)
2) In a bowl or large measuring cup mix sauce ingredients: 2 ½ Tbsp. cornstarch, 1/3 cup soy sauce
(add soy sauce slowly and stir to avoid lumps), rice wine vinegar, dark brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder,
and the juice from the pineapple chunks (reserve the pineapple chunks for later in the recipe.) Set sauce aside.
3) Heat wok or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat and add oil. When oil is hot, add shrimp (with marinade)
to the pan and stir-fry until just cooked (shrimp will start to curl and turn pink.) Remove shrimp to bowl or plate.
4) Add more oil to wok or pan if needed and stir-fry celery and carrot to soften and remove the vegetables to a bowl (not the one with the shrimp.)
5 )Add more oil if needed and add onion and stir-fry briefly to soften. Add back carrots and celery along with bell pepper and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
6) Add pineapple chunks to wok or pan and add back the shrimp..Stir-fry for a few seconds. Mix sauce and pour into wok or pan
. Stir everything in the wok or pan and bring to a boil so the mixture can thicken.
Immediately remove from heat and serve with Chinese white rice or over crispy noodles.